FAQ or questions and answers.
Here you will find FAQ or useful information to get you started with a free listing in the local business Directory. If you have questions not covered, please use this contact form and we will provide the answers. We only cover Northamptonshire businesses.
For more information on local advertising, check out the information page here.
The Northampton Business Directory was created to help local businesses in the Northamptonshire area prosper.
If you care about your business, so do we.
1. Add your business details including postcode and click the " Find on Map" button.
2. Select 1 category for your business.
3. Add all contact details.
4. Add your business logo, to show correctly, the size should be 1200px wide and less than 500k in size. 4 other images are allowed.
5. The most important part is your business description. For Google to index and understand your company this should be about 300 words.
6. Keywords are important. Not your name but services and products which should also be in the description.
7. Click on next step. Only submit one request as all listings are manually approved to prevent spammers and businesses without an address in Northamptonshire adding their details.
8. Approval can take 48 hours so please be patient.
We aim to comply with the UK Data Protection Act 2017 and the European Union "General Data Protection Regulation". Which comes in to force 25th May 2018.
European Union Directive
The EU will start to enforce the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) legislation from the 25th May 2018 and will take action against companies not complying with the law. This Regulation also applies to all UK companies.
Comprehensive Guide here.
Google searches a website for information to index, and searches all company descriptions in the Directory.
Our search facility allows potential customers to search for a supplier based of the description in the Directory. The better the description, the more chances of being found.
If you need help writing a good description please send a quick email
Local shopping boosts the local economy and is good for business, More detailed information here.
Reviews and ratings, as well as responses from business owners, help companies manage their reputation and track their scores. The result is an understanding how consumers locate a business, interact with products and web content and ensure you reach the right customers.
Listing have the opportunity for customers to leave their views and comments, these are indexed by search engines and add to the credibility of a business.
Here is why you should promote reviews of your company.
We other a free listing creation service, just complete the details here.
Another option is to have your marketing company do it for you. Make certain they provide the login details of your listing, just in case.